Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Finite monetary supply for Bitcoin

From: Matt Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 17:51:16 -0400

I move to reclaim bip 42 as reserved for a bip containing either a reference to musical dolphins or towels in the name.

Matt

On April 1, 2014 5:47:34 PM EDT, Gregory Maxwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Pieter Wuille <[email-masked]>
>wrote:
>> In case there are no further objections (excluding from people who
>> disagree with me), I'd like to request a BIP number for this. Any
>> number is fine, I guess, as long as it's finite.
>
>With ten people commenting on this proposal there are quite a few ways
>in which you could partition their views. Only one possible integer
>partitioning has everyone in the same partition, so consensus seems
>unlikely.
>
>But owing to a rather large bribe (or at least not less large than any
>other offered by competing parties) I hereby assign BIP 42 for this
>proposal.
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>_______________________________________________
>Bitcoin-development mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bitcoin-development