Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Let's deploy BIP65 CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY!

From: Eric Lombrozo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 04:04:49 -0700

My initial reaction is just HUH?!?!? Is this some sophisticated form of humor I'm just not getting?

On September 28, 2015 3:48:57 AM PDT, Mike Hearn via bitcoin-dev <[email-masked]> wrote:
>There is *no* consensus on using a soft fork to deploy this feature. It
>will result in the same problems as all the other soft forks - SPV
>wallets
>will become less reliable during the rollout period. I am against that,
>as
>it's entirely avoidable.
>
>Make it a hard fork and my objection will be dropped.
>
>Until then, as there is no consensus, you need to do one of two things:
>
>1) Drop the "everyone must agree to make changes" idea that people here
>like to peddle, and do it loudly, so everyone in the community is
>correctly
>informed
>
>2) Do nothing
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>bitcoin-dev mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev

-- 
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.