Subject: [Bitcoin-development] 0.3.24

From: Matt Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 02:07:18 +0200

Due to the flood control limits becoming an issue again, it would appear
we need a 0.3.24 release.  The idea is to have sipa's flood limit fix
(https://github.com/sipa/bitcoin/commit/df94ed7ac0ed7bb3a96cf434ca3c64c4b475e37e), dnsseed on by default, and maybe UPnP enabled by default as well.

I just got a DNSSeed up with reliable hosting which dynamically fills
its hostname with random nodes known to be up and accepting connections
(and on port 8333 and on version 0.3.19 or higher) (dnsseed.bluematt.me)
and I hope others follow suit with
https://github.com/TheBlueMatt/dnsseed (its poorly done but works just
fine).  This was added to master in 44d16327. Since its no longer a
static list, I think its time to enable dnsseed by default (I have one
or two connections by the time the GUI opens when I use -dnsseed
-noirc).

Also, I think UPnP by default would be a good idea as it could increase
the percent of nodes which accept incoming connection (and other P2P
applications which depend on the ability to accept incoming connections
have it on by default as well, such as Skype).  Jgarzik has also
suggested this, and I really dont see much of a reason not to.

Also,
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/3a3eabb57ae41dd2162ca8230423abf4a90ef644 should be included to fix the no-connections-up segfault.

Matt