Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Bitcoin components.

From: Matt Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:21:06 +0200

On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 01:25 -0400, Alan Grimes wrote:
> I am working on the peer and the wallet boxes in this diagram. I want to 
> implement my own version because the existing code is completely 
> untrustworthy, it is totally slap-dash and almost completely uncommented.
Yay, yet another person who wants to write their own client from scratch
who will get the net code done, work a bit on wallet code and move on to
something more exciting.  Seriously, at this point it seems everyone and
their mother are writing their own, or planning to write their own,
client.
Bitcoin's code actually can be fairly well segmented into the necessary
pieces (CWallet was the first big chunk, more are coming) and comments
are being added as a part of that effort.
The current code is much, much more trustworthy than anything someone
new will start to code, even if they have 20 lines of comments for each
line of code.  If you want to help the project, please dont write yet
another new client library, just look for an existing one you can help
with, or help with the original client.