Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Draft BIP for Bloom filtering

From: Matt Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:00:47 -0500

Actually, there is one more minor algorithmic change I would like to
make to the way the hash function is computed really quick before it
gets merged, I'll have that finished up by the end of today.

Matt

On Wed, 2013-01-16 at 11:43 +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> Matts latest code has been tested by Andreas and seems to work
> correctly. He had to extend the client a bit to refresh the filter
> every 25k blocks because even with the extra flag, eventually the
> filter degrades into uselessness, but it did still improve the
> situation quite a bit.
> 
> Because it's unit tested, been reviewed by me several times, has an
> interoperable implementation that has also been tested by Andreas in a
> build of his smartphone app,  I'm going to ACK the current code and
> request that it be merged in to 0.8. What do you say Gavin?
> 
> The next step after that would be profiling. It's a big performance
> improvement for SPV clients already, but not as much as I anticipated.
> I suspect there's a simple bottleneck or missed optimization
> somewhere. But that can obviously come post-0.8