Subject: [Bitcoin-development] More appropriate XDG menu category for bitcoin-qt

From: Kip Warner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 12:08:52 -0700

Hey list,

Currently the bitcoin-qt application's XDG desktop integration on some
desktop environments requests that it be placed under the "Office" menu
category.[1] This is a rather broad category and I would like to suggest
that this be refined further into "Finance", given that XDG's menu
specification allows for this.[2]

I believe the line in question in bitcoin-qt.desktop should be as
follows:

        Categories=Office;Finance;

I would have provided this trivial patch myself, but my knowledge of Git
is rather weak and I apologize.

Respectfully,

[1] <https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/contrib/debian/bitcoin-qt.desktop>
[2] <http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apas02.html>

-- 
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred
http://www.thevertigo.com