Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Horizontal scaling of blockchain

From: Tom Zander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 15:12:18 +0200

On Friday, 1 September 2017 14:47:08 CEST Cserveny Tamas via bitcoin-dev 
wrote:
> The fundamental problem is that if the miners add capacity it will only
> increase (protect) their share of block reward, but does not increase the
> speed of transactions.

Adding more space in blocks has no effect on the block-reward. It does 
actually increase the throughput speed of transactions.

> This will only raise the fee in the long run with
> the block reward decreasing.

Also this is exactly the opposite of what actually happened.

> The current chain is effectively single threaded. 

This is not true, since xthin/compactblocks have been introduced we 
completely removed this bottle-neck.
The transactions will be validated continuously, in parallel and not just 
when a block is found.

-- 
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io
Vlog: https://vimeo.com/channels/tomscryptochannel