Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin Core 0.12.0 release candidate 1 available

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 07:06:50 +0100

On Monday, January 18, 2016 12:14:16 PM Wladimir J. van der Laan wrote:
> It has been tested in git for almost half a year. This RC is the first
> binary release that contains the functionality.
> 
> It is extremely unlikely that the wallet will eat your coins (always backup
> nevertheless), but I can't guarantee there won't be some issue where the
> wallet and chain get out of sync and you're forced to redownload the
> blockchain.

I think I asked the wrong way, sorry: My question was not really meant at 
whether it is bug-free (testing that is the purpose of a release candidate, so 
we of course don't know yet), but rather whether it is at least feature 
complete now.

Remember, the previous v0.11.0 release notes said:
> Block pruning is currently incompatible with running a wallet due to the
> fact that block data is used for rescanning the wallet and importing keys
> or addresses (which require a rescan.) However, running the wallet with
> block pruning will be supported in the near future, subject to those
> limitations.

So I'm interested whether this limitation has been lifted, and the whole 
feature is considered as finished.

If yes, I would highly recommend advertising it in the new release notes - as 
said, the disk space reduction is a big deal.

Thank you!