Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] BIP150/151 concerns and some comments

From: Tom Zander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 16:10:46 +0100

On Tuesday, 14 February 2017 22:01:51 CET Jonas Schnelli via bitcoin-dev 
wrote:
> >> - If you use one of the todays available SPV clients, you will reveal
> >> your complete wallet content („~all your addresses") to every network
> >> observer between you and the node you have connected to. This means, if
> >> you pay for a coffee (while being on the owners WIFI), the coffee owner
> >> and all the involved ISPs can correlate your wallet with your other
> >> internet behavior. Same is true for your cellphone provider if you use
> >> cellular.
> > 
> > What about allowing trusted users connecting on a different connection.
> > Much like the RPC one.
> > Make that one encrypted. Different usecase, different connection.
> 
> - What protocol would you use?

The RPC one. Which I think is JSON.

Your usecase is essentially just calling sendRawTransaction. Don’t 
overcomplicate things.

-- 
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io
Vlog: https://vimeo.com/channels/tomscryptochannel