Subject: Re: [bitcoindev] CTV + CSFS: a letter

From: "David A. Harding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2025 16:08:21 -1000

On 2025-06-09 13:02, Andrew Poelstra wrote:
> if nobody in Core wants to
> engage at all with consensus changes, then the result is effectively 
> the
> same as a veto.

Hi Andrew and the other signatories,

Why do you think nobody in Core wants to engage at all with consensus 
changes (or, at least, specifically the proposals for CTV & CSFS)?

The usual purpose of an open letter is to generate public pressure 
against the target (otherwise, if you didn't want to generate public 
pressure, you would send a private letter).  Does that mean that you 
feel the lack of engagement is a result of a previous lack of pressure?  
I have to admit that runs counter to my own sense---I thought there was 
already significant social pressure on Bitcoin Core contributors to work 
on CTV (and now CSFS); I wouldn't expect more pressure to achieve new 
results; rather, I'd expect more pressure to create more frustration on 
all sides.

Alternatively, if you feel like the lack of engagement is a result of 
some other condition, I would be curious to learn of that condition and 
learn why you thought an open letter (with what comes across as an 
ultimatum) would help address it.

Thanks,

-Dave

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bitcoin Development Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email-masked].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bitcoindev/195051b7c393b9a28727e87647ac002b%40dtrt.org.