Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Useful bitcoin patches...

From: "Luke-Jr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 14:42:41 -0400

On Thursday, June 30, 2011 11:23:56 PM Jeff Garzik wrote:
> This was posted to IRC:
> http://davids.webmaster.com/~davids/bitcoin-3diff.txt
> 
> Includes several useful features that all the big pools have been
> screaming for...  notably HTTP/1.1 keep-alive support.

There seems to be a new version at:
	http://davids.webmaster.com/~davids/bitcoin-4diff.txt
I haven't compared them yet.

For the "3diff" version, I extracted and made proper git branches for each 
logical part:
  hub_mode
  threaded_rpc
  \-- rpc_keepalive (depends on threaded_rpc, or a single connection would
                     keep the JSON-RPC interface locked up)
  signal_blk_notify (generic version of -pollpidfile, with a bugfix)
  bugfix_CreateThread_leak
  getwork_dedupe (original branch for my bugfix)

In addition, I also consider these branches valid candidates for merging:
  coinbaser (popens a given command and reads coinbase outputs from stdout)
  gitignore (ignore some common misc files)
  minfee_modes (internal function changes to allow specifying different fees
                for relay, send, or accept-in-block)
  \-- eligius_relay (relay lower fees only Eligius will accept)
      \-- eligius_sendfee (send lower fees only Eligius will accept)
  txinfo (adds entries to getinfo for transactions accepted for relaying,
          transactions accepted for the current block-in-progress, and current
          block-in-progress size)
  bitcoinuri (compliant support for all bitcoin: URIs)

All available from git://gitorious.org/~Luke-Jr/bitcoin/luke-jr-bitcoin.git