Subject: [Bitcoin-development] Listing of generation transactions

From: Stéphane Gimenez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 02:48:24 +0200

Hello all,

After reading pull/417, I'm noticing that generation transactions
always appear twice in listtransaction output:

 * one item with account "" and category "generate"/"imature"/"orphan",
   plus some transaction data.

 * one with the account associated to the destination address and
   category "received", plus the same transaction data.

Both items have the same txid.

Is this the intended behavior or should the second be removed?

Also, why is account "" enforced in the first item?
(Wrong assumption that coinbase is always built from the client
itself?).

Last, it happens that {list,get}receivedby{address,account} commands
never list or take into account generation transactions. I'm not sure
how the help message associated to those commands should be
understood. As a user, I would assume that generated transaction are
included in these listings/amounts.

Is all this related with some issues encountered by E-wallet
providers?

Thanks,
Stéphane