Subject: [Bitcoin-development] [RFC] listtransactions reformatting

From: "Luke-Jr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 13:14:11 -0400

Example patch: http://tinyurl.com/6679go5

Changes:
* Additions to your wallet always are category:"receive", no matter what kind
  of transaction
* Generated coins have an extra key, from:"generation"
* All transactions have a new key, status:
  * "orphan" -- Another block chain invalidated this transaction (only for
                generation?)
  * "validating" -- Default stage for transactions; 0-2 confirmations for
                    ordinary sends, and 0-100 for generated coins
  * "processing" -- 3-6 confirms for ordinary sends; 101-120 for generated
  * "confirmed" -- over 6/120 confirmations
  * "expired" -- for ordinary sends that have timed out without getting into a
                 block, or had its inputs otherwise respent

This change is proposed to fix webservices being ignorant of generated 
transactions by keeping a standard category/format for all similar types of 
entries.

Thoughts?