Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] [RFC] listtransactions reformatting

From: Stéphane Gimenez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 21:59:07 +0200

Hi,

You may have a look at the following proposal. It associates
generations txouts with the appropriate addresses and accounts.
(See my previous mail)

https://github.com/sgimenez/bitcoin/commit/a8e6510042f2f7f951414c7da124668b30da4acd

> * Additions to your wallet always are category:"receive", no matter
>   what kind of transaction

Either this, or maybe webservices should be told to forget about
categories and to rely only on the sign of the amounts. Maybe a "type"
field with values "credit"/"debit" could help them? This way, more
categories could be added later (escrow transactions, or other scripts
that might be standardized).

An official API guide (not just a technical reference) would be very
valuable here.

Last, I agree that {list,get}receivedby* should include generated
amounts, because there is currently no way to do this for
generations. (This issue is not addressed by my patch yet)

Best,
Stéphane