Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Blitcoin? (Black Hat 2011)

From: Andy Parkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 14:07:05 +0100

On 2011 August 05 Friday, Gavin Andresen wrote:

> "As reported, I've got a BitCoin deanonymization mechanism.  It's not
> complicated.
> 
> Connect to every node in the cloud, discoverable via sweeping/IRC/get_peers
> messages.  The first IP to consistently relay transactions for a given
> identity, is the given identity.

Transaction forwarding could be randomised slightly, by randomising the 
outgoing relay order; and adding a random delay between each forward.  Even 
the massively connected monitor can't represent _all_ the connections on every 
real node, so it would have no way of knowing whether it got any transaction 
from the originator or because it got a fast path through the first N nodes to 
receive it.

Andy

-- 
Dr Andy Parkins
[email-masked]