Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Change to multiple executables?

From: Andy Parkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 15:04:22 +0100

On 2011 August 11 Thursday, Joel Joonatan Kaartinen wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-08-11 at 06:47 +0100, Andy Parkins wrote:
> > Again you're missing my point... you are still shooting ideas down.
> 
> And you're only shooting his actions down without indicating clearly

Yeah, shooting down a shooting down, which you've just shot down.  Where will 
it end?

> what you think ought to be done instead. What do you want him to say
> instead?

How about:

"This is a good idea, but we don't want to break backward compatibility a 
little piece at a time.  Instead we'd like to collect all such changes into 
one single compatibility breaking release.  Here's the wiki page you should 
update; and here's the git branch you should push changes like this to."

> most suggestions you point at have been discussed about before

I know the application/protocol version split has been discussed before, but 
please point me to the relevant discussion on: loading the block chain in 
reverse; transaction only requests; checksumming removal; verack removal; 
storing script parameters outside the script; and requesting blocks by 
transaction hash instead of block hash.

If I've missed all of these discussions and their inevitable logically 
indisputable rejection, I apologise.

Andy

-- 
Dr Andy Parkins
[email-masked]