Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] 0.6.x - detachdb in wrong place

From: "Luke-Jr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 03:57:11 +0000

On Monday, June 18, 2012 3:27:52 AM grarpamp wrote:
> So I get that github/master is the obvious top of things.
> But in looking at where the tags are between repositories,
> it's still not clear to me what the workflow is.

Workflow is all new development takes place in master during release windows. 
Eventually, those windows close and master is cleaned up and bugfix'd for the 
next 0.x release. Occasionally, when 0.N.0 has some problem before the next 
release window opens, Gavin will use it to roll a 0.N.1 (and recently even a 
0.N.2 and 0.N.2.2). Once the release window for the next 0.N version opens,
I import the (last bugfix-only commit after the final 0.N.M release made in 
master) into the stable repository as the 0.N.x branch, and begin applying 
backports. When there's significant backports, I'll tag another 0.N.M from the 
branch and possibly release Windows binaries. Usually this happens around the 
same time as master becomes the next 0.N.0 release.

> Example...
> 
> There are these release tarballs on sourceforge, which all have
> tags in github, yet no tags in gitorious. There are no 'x' branches
> on github, yet there is one release applicable branch on gitorious.
> 
> I guess I'd expect to see, that if as hinted by Luke that gitorious
> has the stable trees, that there would be release tags there, laid
> down at some comfy point in time on the 'x' stable branches there.
> (The stable branches inheriting new code from master). But there
> are no such tags.

I guess I've been neglecting to update the stable repo with releases tagged in 
master. It should be fixed now.

Luke