Subject: [Bitcoin-development] Testnet DNS seed

From: Peter Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 02:01:03 -0500

I setup a testnet DNS seed using Pieter Wuille's bitcoin-seeder, with
some simple modifications for testnet. It's at
testnet-seed.bitcoin.petertodd.org I also created
static-testnet-seed.bitcoin.petertodd.org which currently has a single A
record pointing to a testnet node I'm running to bootstrap the seeder
itself.

Everything is running on a dedicated Amazon EC2 micro instance. Just
IPv4 is supported right now as EC2 doesn't support IPv6; even tunnels
are broken. I also haven't setup tor yet. I can do both if there is
demand.

I guess the next step is to create a new strTestNetDNSSeed in the
satoshi client, although it'd be better if at least one more person had
a testnet seed to include in the list. Probably best to leave IRC
enabled too.

Also, FWIW, it looks like the pnSeed list is way out of date...

Pieter: Have you written any start/stop/monitoring scripts for the
seeder? My mods are at git://github.com/petertodd/bitcoin-seeder.git in
the "testnet" branch. I'll send you a pull request once it's had some
testing.

-- 
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org