Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Testnet DNS seed

From: Peter Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 05:27:52 -0500

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 09:23:28PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:01 AM, Peter Todd <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Everything is running on a dedicated Amazon EC2 micro instance. Just
> > IPv4 is supported right now as EC2 doesn't support IPv6; even tunnels
> > are broken. I also haven't setup tor yet. I can do both if there is
> > demand.
> 
> How long do you plan to run this?  Indefinitely [presuming there is
> interest and users]?

Indefinitely. It's a pretty cheap thing to run, about $7.5/month. If
anyone else wants I can give them a machine image copy easily too.

> > Also, FWIW, it looks like the pnSeed list is way out of date...
> 
> Yes.  Usually nanotube does the update when poked.  That can happen,
> or something different.
> 
> A nice alternative might be a simple script that transforms Pieter's
> seeds.txt into pnSeed[]

seed.txt? You mean the dumpfile produced by bitcoin-seeder? That has
uptime info, although only a months worth if I understand it correctly.

pnSeed probably should be filtered with SORB's dynamic ip list or
similar too, and additionally add an expiry time. (1 year?)

-- 
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org