Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] SPV bitcoind? (was: Introducing BitcoinKit.framework)

From: Peter Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 12:22:26 -0400

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 03:37:41PM +0200, Wendell wrote:
> Peter,
> 
> This sounds like a _very_ good idea for a desktop client, and probably acceptable to users so long as we take available disk space into consideration, and only ever use a fraction of it.
> 
> Will you implement this?

I've got one or two orders of magnitude more good ideas than I have time
to implement, but I will say this one would have a pretty big impact -
I'm considering it.

Of course, I would accept bribes. :) But in all seriousness I also
accepted funds from John Dillon to implement replace-by-fee, although
he's been good in understanding that the scope of the project was quite
a bit bigger than originally thought. (it turned out replace-by-fee can
enable very safe zero-conf transactions, but only with mempool and
relaying changes) I'd suggest looking at my git commit track record
before you offer anything FWIW; I've been much more of an academic than
a programmer.

-- 
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
0000000000000013030f49fe3eed5e7f9388c4ecc237b7a847ca93255836bc3b