Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Payment protocol for onion URLs.

From: "Luke-Jr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 03:41:40 +0000

On Saturday, October 26, 2013 3:31:05 AM Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> One limitation of the payment protocol as speced is that there is no
> way for a hidden service site to make use of its full authentication
> capability because they are unable to get SSL certificates issued to
> them.
> 
> A tor hidden service (onion site) is controlled by an RSA key.
> 
> It would be trivial to pack a tor HS pubkey into a self-signed x509
> certificate with the cn set to foooo.onion.
> ...
> Thoughts?

Is there any point to additional encryption over tor (which afaik is already 
encrypted end-to-end)? Is there a safe way to make this work through tor entry 
nodes/gateways?

It'd be nice to have a way to support namecoin-provided keys too...

Luke