Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Revisiting the BIPS process, a proposal

From: Peter Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 12:06:13 -0500

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 05:32:55PM +0100, Wladimir wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > BIP drafts are stored in git://github.com/bitcoin/bips.git/drafts/ and
> > are not automatically assigned a BIPS number.
> >
> 
> Are we going to move ahead with this?
> 
> If so, I'm volunteering to create the repository and import the current
> BIPs from the wiki there (and convert from wiki markup to markdown where
> necessary).

I already did that:

https://github.com/petertodd/bips

GitHub can render MediaWiki just fine, so I think leaving the BIPs as
MediaWiki is the way to go. New BIPs may want to use either markdown or
MediaWiki - the latter has advantages in terms of formatting
capabilities over the former, particularly when math needs to be
displayed.

-- 
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org