Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Setting the record straight on Proof-of-Publication

From: Peter Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 23:59:58 -0500

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 01:41:34PM +0000, odinn wrote:
> Peter... It kind of sounds to me that (as fine of a position paper as
> this is) on _certain_ points, you're falling prey to the "but it's
> inefficient, but it's a scamcoin, but luke-jr told me so" argument...

I prefer to make robust arguments; if I can start with accepting that
95% of what my opponents say is true, yet still end up being correct,
all the better!

> I think the Mastercoin devs are doing fine work and I consider the
> zerocash devs to have developed (in v2, mint and pour) to have
> developed something that will really turn the world on its ear, but
> what do I know? Nothing.  Nothing at all.

My personal opinion is that what Mastercoin has started will turn the
world on its ear, but I'd be surprised if the succesful implementations
of the underlying ideas come from that team. But there's nothing
surprising about that - when was the last time you used Netscape
Navigator, let alone NCSA Mosaic?

-- 
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
00000000000000000681f4e5c84bc0bf7e6c5db8673eef225da652fbb785a0de