Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] More precise type information in API reference

From: "David A. Harding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 10:50:12 -0500

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 01:33:28PM +0000, Dario Teixeira wrote:
> From this stems my request: please consider defining
> more precisely the type information associated with each API call
> in the JSON-RPC reference [3].

Hi Dario,

I'm the primary author of the Bitcoin.org JSON-RPC reference, and I'd
be happy to help.

Do you think it would be possible for you to submit a minimal pull
request against the docs adding the type information you need to just
one RPC call?  From there we can see how much work it would take to
generalize that across all 100+ printed pages worth of RPC docs.

I've tried to make this as easy as possible: if you hover your mouse
over the title of an RPC[1], an "Edit" link will appear that will take you
to a page on GitHub to edit the file describing that RPC call.  Or you
can checkout[2] the website repository and edit the file locally; the
individual RPCs are in _includes/ref/bitcoin-core/rpcs/rpcs/

    [1] For example, https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-reference#addmultisigaddress
    [2] https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin.org

If you have any questions about the editing process, or anything else,
please feel free to email me at this address or PM harding on Freenode.

Thanks!,

-Dave
-- 
David A. Harding