Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] My thoughts on the viability of the Factom token

From: Peter Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 07:20:43 -0700

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 12:46:18AM -0500, Brian Deery wrote:
> Greetings mailing list.
> 
> Not sure that this content is 100% appropriate here, but Peter Todd
> invited me to post this for archival purposes.  The original thread
> has been removed from the search results, but is still up here:
> http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2z9k5p/factom_announces_launch_date_for_software_token/
> 
> 
> I have added more thoughts too.

Thanks.

You know, looking though your writeup, I think we're talking past each
other. I've found with a lot of other projects a good way to start is to
explicitly list what you think Factom *prevents* from happening. It is
after all security software - the most important thing it does is what
it prevents the attacker from doing. Be specific - you really need to
nail down exactly what kind of guarantees you're trying to get out of
the Factom system.

-- 
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
0000000000000000064a6b620c22d89697757f4d81c3b839e50b03e2d3f8e168