Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Block Size Increase

From: Peter Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 10:40:12 -0400

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 04:05:41PM +0200, Mike Hearn wrote:
> > One thing is the Bitcoin core project where you could argue that the 5
> > committers decide (I don't know why Wladimir would have any more
> > authority than the others).
> >
> 
> Because he is formally the maintainer.

I quite liked Wladimir's description of what someone with the ability
to merge pull requests into Bitcoin Core is:

    @orionwl github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin repository admin, or maybe just "janitor"

-https://twitter.com/orionwl/status/563688293737697281

In any case, we can't force people to run Bitcoin Core - an unpopular
patch that fails to reach consensus is a strong sign that it may not get
user acceptance either - so we might as well accept that centralized
authority over the development process isn't going to fly and deal with
the sometimes messy consequences.

Like I said, you're welcome to fork the project and try to get user
acceptance for the fork.

-- 
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
000000000000000013e67b343b1f6d75cc87dfb54430bdb3bcf66d8d4b3ef6b8