Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Block Size Increase

From: Peter Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 10:49:18 -0400

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 04:38:22PM +0200, Justus Ranvier wrote:
> On 05/07/2015 04:04 PM, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> > - This is a major change to the economics of a $3.2B system.  This
> > change picks winners and losers.  There is attendant moral hazard.
> 
> This is exactly true.
> 
> There are a number of projects which aren't Bitcoin that benefit from
> filling in the gap left by Bitcoin's restricted transaction rate
> capability.
> 
> If Bitcoin fills that gap, Bitcoin wins and those other projects lose.
> 
> Should decisions about Bitcoin development take into account the
> desires of competing projects?

Well, basically you're asking if we shouldn't assume the people in this
discussion have honest intentions. If you want to go down that path,
keep in mind where it leads.

I think we'll find an basic assumption of civility to be more
productive, until proven otherwise. (e.g. NSA ties)

-- 
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
00000000000000000d49f263bbbb80f264abc7cc930fc9cbc7ba80ac068d9648