Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] questions about bitcoin-XT code fork & non-consensus hard-fork

From: Peter Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 04:59:59 +0100

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 09:55:13PM +0800, Pindar Wong wrote:
> > Agreed. Pieter Wuille's recent work is a great example of the kind of
> > science-driven investigations that need to be done - and haven't been
> > done very much - to get us some hard data to make decisions on.
> >
> 
> Thank you very much Peter for pointing this out! That is very kind of you.
> 
> It would be great to work with Constance Choi, Primavera De Filippi, your
> goodself and others to make this happen.

Great! They're excited to see this happen. I'm in London right now
actually for the conference they were holding this week; the blocksize
issue was being discussed a fair bit there among attendees. (notably,
with rather different views than seen on reddit!)

> As you may know, the Hong Kong Monetary Authority considers bitcoin a
> virtual 'commodity' and not a currency per se.

Yup, though keep in mind the regulatory question is more than just how
your local jurisdiction views Bitcoin, but rather how your customers'
jurisdictions view Bitcoin.

Of course, when I say "customers" above, I mean the entire Bitcoin
community that is ultimately buying the new coins produced by miners and
paying fees to them!

-- 
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
0000000000000000127ab1d576dc851f374424f1269c4700ccaba2c42d97e778