Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] F2Pool has enabled full replace-by-fee

From: Peter Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 09:52:46 -0400

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 09:33:03AM -0400, Gavin Andresen wrote:
> I just sent the following email to F2Pool:
> 
> 
> I was disappointed to see Peter Todd claiming that you have (or will?) run
> his replace-by-fee patch.
> 
> I strongly encourage you to wait until most wallet software supports
> replace-by-fee before doing that, because until that happens replace-by-fee
> just makes it easier to steal from bitcoin-accepting merchants.

Do you mean just full-RBF, or FSS-RBF as well?

Speaking of, could we get a confirmation that Coinbase is, or is not,
one of the merchant service providers trying to get hashing power
contracts with mining pools for guaranteed transaction acceptance? IIRC
you are still an advisor to them. This is a serious concern for the
reasons I outlined in my post.

Equally if anyone else from Coinbase would like to chime in that'd be
great.

-- 
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
00000000000000000d7110f3a176228445ed710afd332291384992ed89c5c1a7