Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] BIP: Full Replace-by-Fee deployment schedule

From: "David A. Harding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 10:02:13 -0400

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 03:12:52PM +0200, Adam Back wrote:
> Any thoughts on the simplest way to support an opt-in version of full-RBF?

Bundle it in with BIP62 version-2 (or whatever) transactions.

- As you desire for RBF, the BIP62 transactions are already specified to
  be opt-in. Nobody has to use them.

- Although BIP62 transactions only prevent third-party mutation, some
  people might wrongly assume that they prevent all mutation---including
  double spending.

  We need to make it clear that even with BIP62 transactions, signers
  can still mutate their own transactions---and what better way to do
  that than make BIP62 transactions easier to double spend?

The downside I see is possible further delay of full BIP62. Although, I
guess it could go the other way too by having developers who want RBF
help push BIP62 into production.

-Dave
-- 
David A. Harding