Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Dynamically Controlled Bitcoin Block Size Max Cap [BIP 1xx - Draft]

From: Peter Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 17:29:58 -0700

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 05:44:46AM +0800, Chun Wang wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 5:18 AM, Simon Liu via bitcoin-dev
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > I don't think this would work.
> >
> > If the rule is that one user can only have one vote, how do you prevent
> > a user running multiple nodes?
> 
> The vote is not counted by nodes, but bitcoin amount, or probably
> better, coin-days. It works like proof-of-stake. A mix of
> proof-of-work and proof-of-stake is good.

Yup.

To implement a vote where only users with access to a full node can
vote, you'd force part of the vote to be determined by a
non-miner-committed value calculatable by anyone with a full node. For
instance, a very simple toy example that would work is just XORing your
vote with SHA256(the entire blockchain)

-- 
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
000000000000000008d42f5514157c3257577e006985ea8335e4567e1bed16bd