Subject: [bitcoin-dev] python-bitcoinlib-v0.5.0rc1 - OpenSSL crashes on OSX and Arch Linux should be fixed

From: Peter Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2015 20:43:24 -0400

https://github.com/petertodd/python-bitcoinlib/tree/python-bitcoinlib-v0.5.0rc1

FWIW if you've been experienceing OpenSSL related crashes on OSX or Arch
Linux this release should fix your issues. I don't have any way of
testing this myself, so if I could get some confirmation that this new
release candidate fixes things that'd be really helpful!

Other release notes:

v0.5.0
======

Major fix: Fixed OpenSSL related crashes on OSX and Arch Linux. Big thanks to
everyone who helped fix this!

Breaking API changes:

* Proxy no longer has ``__getattr__`` to support arbitrary methods. Use
  RawProxy or Proxy.call instead. This allows new wrappers to be added safely.
  See docstrings for details.

New features:

* New RPC calls: getbestblockhash, getblockcount, getmininginfo
* Signing and verification of Bitcoin Core compatible messages. (w/ pubkey recovery)
* Tox tests
* Sphinx docs

Notable bugfixes:

* getinfo() now works where disablewallet=1

-- 
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
000000000000000010f9e95aff6454fedb9d0a4b92a4108e9449c507936f9f18