Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Ads on bitcoin.org website

From: "David A. Harding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 10:59:16 -0500

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 08:27:48AM +0100, Jonas Schnelli via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> I'm a little bit concerned about the future of bitcoin.org.

Bitcoin.org hosts the Bitcoin Core binaries refered to in release
announcements, so this subject is conceivably on-topic for bitcoin-dev.
However, I think questions about how Bitcoin.org operates are best asked
on bitcoin-discuss[1] (or somewhere else) and issues about the
advertising are best addressed in the PRs you referenced.

So, as one of the Bitcoin.org maintainers, here are my suggestions:

1. I'm on bitcoin-discuss.  Please feel free to ask any questions there.

2. I just opened a GitHub issue for discussing advertising on Bitcoin.org[2]

    - I will reply to your specific questions there after I've sent this
      mail.

3. If advertisements are added to Bitcoin.org and there is general
   dissatisfaction about that, maybe then we can come back to
   bitcoin-dev to discuss moving the Bitcoin Core binaries
   somewhere else.

Thanks,

-Dave

[1] https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-discuss

[2] https://github.com/bitcoin-dot-org/bitcoin.org/issues/1139