Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] [BIP Draft] Allow zero value OP_RETURN in Payment Protocol

From: Peter Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 14:12:09 -0500

On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 09:41:35AM -0800, Toby Padilla wrote:
> Then the moderation is being unevenly applied. Luke commented against my
> BIP multiple times right after it was published but it took hours for my
> responses to go through and I had to track people down on IRC to ask about
> it:
> 
> http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2016-January/thread.html

Keep in mind that actual human beings need to hit the approve button on
your posts; quite likely Luke happened to respond when those humans were
available, and you didn't. I personally had to do the exact same thing
the other day with one of my posts.

Moderation is an unfortunate thing to need, but this list is read by
literally hundreds of busy people, many of whome have had to unsubscribe
at various points in the past due to a lack of moderation. I wish we had
a better solution, but that's what we have. We're also not along in
using fairly agressive moderation, for example the
[email-masked] mailing list where Bitcoin was originally
announced uses manual approval moderation on all messages as well;
there's also an unmoderated offshoot of it, [email-masked]

(and feel free to start an unmoderated version of bitcoin-dev!)

-- 
https://petertodd.org 'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
000000000000000008320874843f282f554aa2436290642fcfa81e5a01d78698