Subject: [bitcoin-dev] BIP 2 promotion to Final

From: Luke Dashjr <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 19:04:27 +0000

It has been about 1 month since BIP 2 finished receiving comments, so I 
believe it is an appropriate time to begin the process of moving it to Final 
Status. Toward this end, I have opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/350

The current requirement for this is that "the reference implementation is 
complete and accepted by the community". Given the vagueness of this criteria, 
I intend to move forward applying BIP 2's more specific criteria to itself:

> A process BIP may change status from Draft to Active when it achieves rough
> consensus on the mailing list. Such a proposal is said to have rough
> consensus if it has been open to discussion on the development mailing list
> for at least one month, and no person maintains any unaddressed
> substantiated objections to it. Addressed or obstructive objections may be
> ignored/overruled by general agreement that they have been sufficiently
> addressed, but clear reasoning must be given in such circumstances.

Furthermore, there is a reference implementation in the mentioned PR.

Please review the latest draft BIP and provide any objections ASAP.
If there are no outstanding objections on 2016 April 9th, I will consider the 
current draft to have reached rough consensus and update its Status to Final 
by merging the PR.

Thanks,

Luke