Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Playing with full-rbf peers for fun and L2s security

From: Luke Dashjr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 02:53:58 +0000

Bitcoin Knots still uses this service bit, FWIW (though due to a bug in some 
older versions, it wasn't signalled by default). There are probably at least 
100 nodes with full RBF already.

On Wednesday 15 June 2022 02:27:20 Peter Todd via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 08:25:11PM -0400, Antoine Riard via bitcoin-dev 
wrote:
> > If you're a node operator curious to play with full-rbf, feel free to
> > connect to this node or spawn up a toy, public node yourself. There is a
> > ##uafrbf libera chat if you would like information on the settings or
> > looking for full-rbf friends (though that step could be automated in the
> > future by setting up a dedicated network bit and reserving a few outbound
> > slots for them).
>
> I previously maintained a Bitcoin Core fork that did just that, using
> nServices bit 26:
>
> https://github.com/petertodd/bitcoin/commit/1cc1a46a633535c42394380b656d681
>258a111ac
>
> IIRC I was using the code written to prefer segwit peers; I have no idea if
> a similar approach is still easy to implement as I haven't worked on the
> Bitcoin Core codebase for years.