Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] BIP process

From: Thomas Zander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 20:58:02 +0200

On Sunday 19. October 2014 09.17.51 xor wrote:
> I joined the list when Bitcoin was already in the 10-billions of market 
> capitalization, and it actually really surprised me how low the traffic is
> here  given the importance of Bitcoin.

I gather that actual code changes to bitcoin-core and naturally all the other 
clients are already done in another place. Which is likely the reason for your 
impression.
 
> So as a random stranger to the project, I would vote against that if I was 
> allowed to. There really should be *more* discussion here, and splitting
> the  list up won't help with that.

I agree with your stance that more discussion in public is always good.

Lets allow people that work on bitcoin java, or completely other bitcoin based 
stuff to have a simple way to filter out the topics they are interested in.
Mailinglist handling is pretty trivial in practically all email software, 
people can equally trivially subscribe to multiple lists as their interests 
go.

As a long time open source developer, my experience is that more lists has 
never really caused fragmentation in the way that you fear.