Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] A summary list of all concerns related to rising the block size

From: Thomas Zander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 18:41:36 +0200

On Wednesday 12. August 2015 12.28.39 Jorge Timón wrote:
> But let's just list the concerns first.

Concerns?

I have never heard of "develop-by-concerns"? Is that similar to 
fire fighting management?
To that I have this reply;
http://www.aleanjourney.com/2009/07/stop-fighting-fires.html

Your question makes sure that the proper answers don't fit.
And that may be why you are getting frustrated because I've given a lot of 
reasons why a blocksize increase is needed soon, and none of them show up 
in your list...

http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-August/010120.html

http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-August/010129.html

And various others; I'm not going to bother pasting URLs, you probably have 
them already.

Point is, Bitcoin is a growing network, with a growing amount of transactions 
and we KNOW we will get into problems when the block consistently get full. 
How do we know? Because of the old guys in this list having the experience 
that this always happens, because anyone in the IT business can tell you the 
same.

We have started LN to cope with this growth, but this won't be enough since it 
just won't handle all usecases and thus the on-chain growth will continue. For 
instance remittances and cross-border purchases.
We need both LN as well as bigger blocks.

-- 
Thomas Zander