Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Barry Silbert segwit agreement

From: Tom Zander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 20:48:32 +0200

On Friday, 26 May 2017 19:47:11 CEST Jacob Eliosoff via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> Forgive me if this is a dumb question.

Sorry for picking your email.

I understand people want something different for the agreement, I know I do 
too.
We have a specific agreement on the table, signed by a huge subsection of the 
industry.

Maybe the time for changing things is not to be *after* the signatures are 
set. I know I’d change some detials. But do we really want to go through 
another conference where all the important people are present to agree on a 
compromise? Or can we use the one we have?

The compromise is pretty simple;
https://medium.com/@DCGco/bitcoin-scaling-agreement-at-consensus-2017-133521fe9a77

*  Activate Segregated Witness at an 80% threshold, signaling at bit 4
*  Activate a 2 MB hard fork within six months

-- 
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io
Vlog: https://vimeo.com/channels/tomscryptochannel