Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] This thread is not about the soft/hard fork technical debate

From: Tom Zander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 18:26:12 +0100

On Monday 5. October 2015 18.03.05 Btc Drak via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> However, I would like to challenge your assumption of point 1 that that by
> Mike making a rabble, it somehow makes CLTV deployment controversial. His
> arguments have  been refuted.

Unsuccessfully.

> Simply making a noise does not make something controversial. When it is
> controversial, it is obvious and plain to see.

I think its plain to see the soft fork is controversial.

But that’s not the point.

The point is that Bitcoin Core claims to have a consensus mechanism and sticks 
to "no change" on not reaching a consensus. And that rule is the reason why 
bigger blocks were blocked for years.

History has shown that for many decision making processes this doesn't work, 
and this argument has been made to Core. 
Until today this was essentially a rule that hurt the things that Mike was 
really passionate about.
Today this hurts the things that some other devs are passionate about.

I think today is the day that everyone should agree that the past is the past 
and we all learned our lesson and Bitcoin Core will make decisions a different 
way.