Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] 0.3.24

From: Douglas Huff <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 21:44:49 -0500

Gregory Maxwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

>On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Matt Corallo
><[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Due to the flood control limits becoming an issue again, it would
>appear
>> we need a 0.3.24 release.  The idea is to have sipa's flood limit fix
>>
>(https://github.com/sipa/bitcoin/commit/df94ed7ac0ed7bb3a96cf434ca3c64c4b475e37e),
>dnsseed on by default, and maybe UPnP enabled by default as well.
>
>*Flood fix
>
>I think this is important, slow bringups are problematic and I think
>the flood disconnects have been contributing to network partitioning
>(you'll disconnect nodes that have the full blockchain but keep ones
>that don't), adding to the partitioning problems cause elsewhere.
>
>I've been running it for a couple hours on a large public node which
>was seeing frequent flood disconnects, and it seems to be working
>fine. No more flood disconnects.

I can confirm similar results.

>I'd also like suggest updating the checkpoint in 0.3.24. Difficulty
>has increased almost 17x since the highest one currently in there. A
>rather large number of parties could mine pretty nice forks at 1/16th
>the current difficulty for nodes that they've sibyled.

It's about time for another checkpoint, I agree.
- --
Douglas Huff