Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] overall bitcoin client code quality

From: Alan Grimes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:13:04 -0400

Yeah, I'm starting to run into real design problems in my attempt to 
write a bitcoin daemon, namely I'm trying to figure out how to manage 
connections and peers and how to interpret and coordinate messages from 
peers.

While spying on the old code, I noticed one major problem that could be 
fixed quite easily. That is, the 1 class-per .h/.cpp rule is completely 
ignored in main.h/cpp and net.h/cpp If all of the classes in the project 
were re-factored to their own files, it would be much easier to audit 
what was interacting with what. I think this work could be done within 
16 programmer hours.

The old codebase doesn't build on my system but I'd be willing to rough 
it in anyway.

I think this should be done in parallel to efforts, such as mine, to 
re-implement major functionality.

-- 
E T F
N H E
D E D

Powers are not rights.