Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Random order for clients page

From: Alan Reiner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 22:44:23 -0400

On 07/09/2012 10:36 PM, Stefan Thomas wrote:
>> It looks like that because feature matrices aren't especially helpful
>> for newbies to make a decision, especially when the "features" in
>> question were often things like how they handled the block chain or
>> which protocol standards they support, ie, things only of interest to
>> developers.
> A well-designed feature matrix can quite useful and user-friendly.
>
> http://www.apple.com/ipod/compare-ipod-models/
>
> Prose is better to get a sense of the philosophy and basic idea of a
> client. If it was between having only a feature matrix or only prose,
> I'd probably go for the prose as well.
>
> What a feature matrix is good at though is it allows you to very quickly
> find the specific feature or general criteria you're looking for without
> reading through all of the text. So it might be a useful addition maybe
> not on Bitcoin.org, but certainly on the wiki.
>
If we're keeping the clients page, I would really like to see the 
feature matrix linked from that page.  It shouldn't be on that main 
clients page (for the reasons already stated), but Stefan makes a point 
that /it is really useful for many users./  Add "Compare features of the 
various different clients here: <link>" and users who will benefit will 
most definitely click on it.  I think that's win-win.