Subject: [Bitcoin-development] Bitcoin Testing Project

From: steve <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 19:32:44 +0100

Hi All,

After the failure to get any real testing done for the 0.7 release (all
of which is my fault) I have decided to rejig things.

I am heavily into test driven development, and I have a strong
background in requirements management, and automation.

I want to leave bettermeans behind, maybe we might be able to keep the
voting aspect of it, and link it into mantis.

So, what I have been doing over the past few weeks is developing a
rudimentary requirements set, basic requirement tracking, tests to
prove/stress the requirements.

The next most important thing is to get release/acceptance tests done -
these primarily focus on new stuff doesnt break old (ie lose a wallet,
etc) and needs no special requirements.

To this end I have installed various opensource applications (mantis,
salomeTMF, bugzilla, etc) and am currently evaluating the best workflow
process.

This was a much longer post, but decided against it. :)

So, what I want to know is who wants to be a part helping me out with
all this? I am finalising the workflow flow diagrams and they should be
ready for inspection soon.

Anyone interested in helping out/reviewing processes? even if it is just
some encouragement, it is all greatly appreciated.

Drop me an email if you want access to the current setup and help me
review the different software for the bitcoin workflow process.

cheers,

steve

- -- 
my PGP public key is at pgp.mit.edu id: 0x5016FB50