Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Coinbase reallocation to discourage Finney attacks

From: Justus Ranvier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 18:49:10 +0000

On 04/23/2014 06:37 PM, Mike Hearn wrote:
> If you want to try and argue that the development list is the wrong
> place to discuss development, please do so on another thread (or
> your blog). Let's keep this thread for discussion of the original
> proposal - ideally, discussed with the dryness that a topic as
> nerdy as distributed consensus algorithms deserves ;)
> 

Is that what you say to yourself to quiet your conscience at night
(assuming you're one of the non-sociopathic humans who does indeed
have one)? It's "just a nerdy distributed consensus problem"?

The things you're talking about fucking around with have real life
implications for quite a few people and your casual dismissal of this
is precisely why I responded in the way that I did.

What you're doing is reckless endangerment and you're not got to get
away with brushing it off as a mere technical detail.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant, and this episode is demonstrating
to the world exactly how averse you are do that kind of transparency.

- -- 
Support online privacy by using email encryption whenever possible.
Learn how here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bakOKJFtB-k