Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Paper Currency

From: Justus Ranvier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 20:20:40 +0200

On 05/19/2014 02:21 PM, Mike Hearn wrote:
>> Submitted with humility and some fear of getting laughed out of
>> here...
>> 
> 
> Off topic aside, a bunch of us have lately started to think about
> the atmosphere on this list and how to improve it. Nobody should
> have to fear getting flamed or laughed at for proposing ideas, even
> if they turn out to be silly ones. Gavin talked about this in his
> Bitcoin 2014 keynote and asked for someone to solve the forum
> trolling problem.

You and Gavin could do a lot better by working on a Bitcoin social
contract - a promise of what features will *never* be added (or taken
away) from Bitcoin, because despite what you say it's not acceptable
to propose anything at all.

Maybe start with things like how the Bitcoin protocol will never be
changed to allow for confiscation of funds, regardless of who might
demand such a feature.

You are willing to promise all users of Bitcoin that you'll never
propose to steal their coins, aren't you?