Subject: Re: [bitcoindev] Re: Adding New BIP Editors

From: Murch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 14:41:10 -0400

On 3/27/24 19:54, Matt Corallo wrote:
> While there are plenty of competent technical folks who would make fine 
> BIP editors, I'd suggest Kanzure and Murch as clear candidates over others
Thanks Matt. After mulling it over for a bit, I have decided to accept 
the nomination and announce my candidacy for the BIP Editor role under 
the assumptions that 1) all editors will share the same privileges, and 
2) there will be at least three active editors at the end of this process.

My first choice for BIP Editor additions would be Kanzure for his 
encyclopedic knowledge of development discussions and his track record 
of reliably performing a similarly janitorial role for many years.
My second choice would be Ruben who has a similar track record and who I 
imagine might be the person who has perused the BIPs repository most in 
the recent years among the proposed candidates. I consider them both 
levelheaded, open-minded enough to assess proposals beyond their own 
predilections, but also capable of applying uniformly the standards set 
out in the BIP process. I’d be happy to collaborate with them to chip 
away at those 137 open pull requests, if the community expresses support 
for that outcome.

Cheers,
Murch

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bitcoin Development Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email-masked].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bitcoindev/53a0015c-b76a-441a-920b-32bd88d5e778%40murch.one.