Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] BIP process

From: odinn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 00:33:34 +0000

Earlier in the discussion I suggested Discourse so that the BIP page
would be able to look smoother and draw more input.
Unsystem forum is run on Discourse and has twitter, github, and e-mail
integration.
For those who haven't explored it, here is what that looks / feels like:
https://forum.unsystem.net/

I'm curious as to why this sort of solution should or should not be
considered from someone else's perspective. In the end, whatever
works best for all concerned, I'm fine with it, but I'd like to hear
more about people's thoughts on Discourse. (I kind of like the feel
of it.)

xor wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 10:29:43 AM Wladimir wrote:
>> B) I also think it makes sense to move the BIP discussion (both 
>> about the BIP process and individual BIPs) to a separate mailing
>>  list.
>> 
>> bitcoin-development currently has a dual function: discussion of 
>> Bitcoin Core implementation concerns, as well as global changes 
>> to Bitcoin (in the form of BIPs).
>> 
>> This makes the list too busy for some people, but it is critical
>>  that everyone writing a Bitcoin node or client is up-to-date 
>> with proposals and can comment on them.
> 
> I joined the list when Bitcoin was already in the 10-billions of 
> market capitalization, and it actually really surprised me how low
>  the traffic is here given the importance of Bitcoin.
> 
> So as a random stranger to the project, I would vote against that 
> if I was allowed to. There really should be *more* discussion here,
> and splitting the list up won't help with that.
> 
> Greetings
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> 
Comprehensive Server Monitoring with Site24x7.
> Monitor 10 servers for $9/Month. Get alerted through email, SMS, 
> voice calls or mobile push notifications. Take corrective actions 
> from your mobile device. http://p.sf.net/sfu/Zoho
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________ Bitcoin-development
> mailing list [email-masked] 
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bitcoin-development
> 

- -- 
http://abis.io ~
"a protocol concept to enable decentralization
and expansion of a giving economy, and a new social good"
https://keybase.io/odinn