Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Setting the record straight on Proof-of-Publication

From: odinn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 01:16:30 +0000

bleep bloop

Peter Todd:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 01:41:34PM +0000, odinn wrote:
>> Peter... It kind of sounds to me that (as fine of a position
>> paper as this is) on _certain_ points, you're falling prey to the
>> "but it's inefficient, but it's a scamcoin, but luke-jr told me
>> so" argument...
> 
> I prefer to make robust arguments; if I can start with accepting
> that 95% of what my opponents say is true, yet still end up being
> correct, all the better!
> 
>> I think the Mastercoin devs are doing fine work and I consider
>> the zerocash devs to have developed (in v2, mint and pour) to
>> have developed something that will really turn the world on its
>> ear, but what do I know? Nothing.  Nothing at all.
> 
> My personal opinion is that what Mastercoin has started will turn
> the world on its ear, but I'd be surprised if the succesful
> implementations of the underlying ideas come from that team. But
> there's nothing surprising about that - when was the last time you
> used Netscape Navigator, let alone NCSA Mosaic?
> 

- -- 
http://abis.io ~
"a protocol concept to enable decentralization
and expansion of a giving economy, and a new social good"
https://keybase.io/odinn