Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Reusable payment codes

From: odinn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 22:34:04 -0700

Peter, my response below

On 06/16/2015 10:46 AM, Peter Todd wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 09:26:07AM -0700, odinn wrote:
>> This is very well done.
>>
>> Have you seen this discussion that I started regarding BIP 63?
>>
>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1083961.0
>>
>> I have no response from Peter Todd back on it other than "my time is
>> better spent focusing on more fundemental issues" and "I've also got
>> no-one interested in funding stealth address development right now,"
>> when several people (myself included) offered to send donations to se
e
>> the BIP (63) advance, no donation address was posted, so... waiting
>> for him to act on that.
> 
> Sorry, but I'm looking at the huge amount of work that I'll likely hav
e
> responding to the blocksize issue, so I think I'm inclined to shelve
> work on BIP63 for now.

I seriously find this pretty sad... you said that paying rent was an
issue and your time was better spent on "more fundamental issues..." but
the very least you could do is post a donation address... Is there
someone who was working with you closely on the concept who could take
it up since you are not going to be working on it?

> 
> Feel free to take it up; a (>=2)-part standard describing the resuable
> codes aspect, and separately how the ephemeral key is transmitted to t
he
> recipient makes sense to me.
> 

I don't want to camp on Justus's thread on reusable payment codes ~ but
on the subject of BIP 63, it just did make sense to mention... so if
someone does have interest in working on it... please go to
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1083961.0
and reply there.

- -- 
http://abis.io ~
"a protocol concept to enable decentralization
and expansion of a giving economy, and a new social good"
https://keybase.io/odinn